Saturday, January 3, 2009

Listings


I saw:
* A baby come out of my body
* My toes for the first time in awhile
* My husband become a daddy in an instant
* So many nice people who came to see me in the hospital
* A little baby sleep through his entire first Christmas
* Jack's first tear on December 31st
* Snow falling in the middle of the night last night, but no new snow when I woke up this morning
* So many cute pictures of Shelley and Rick's baby, but it still wasn't enough!
* Too many eye boogers in my baby's eyes
* A lot of MTV's "Made" marathon



I went to:
* Shyla and Russell's house for New Year's Eve
* The bathroom only once yesterday - guess who's not drinking enough water anymore?
* Great lengths to make sure that my eyeliner was good for the baby photo shoot with Whitney yesterday


I thought about:
* My dream where my boss fired me for the mistakes of others
* The 365 (Picture-a-Day) project and how it will help me keep things excited around the house
* What we were going to eat for the next week - New year, new attitude about food
* How magical the new space heater is
* What life would be like if I weren't always looking at what will happen and just focused on what is happening



I got:
* High School Musical Dance Dance Revolution from Santa
* Dizzy after a whole day of not taking care of myself and instead focusing on the baby
* A Cocomotion for when Russell, Megan and I have hot chocolate parties (Thanks, Flanagans)
* Emotional after taking my baby out in the wintery cold
* High School Musical Mystery Date (Yay Mommy!)
* Many Facebook well wishes, which made me feel amazing



I gave:
* The gift of life
* A lot of people a new title (aunt, Grandpa, Grandma, etc.)
* Apparently confusing scarves
* Not nickel-free arrow rings
* Caleb the wrong idea
* A very huggable polar bear



I ate:
* More See's candy in the last two weeks than I have in the last two decades
* Seriously delicious clementines and now I want more
* All of the peanut brittle



I learned:
* That my capacity to love is bigger than I ever imagined
* To be patient with myself can only help my situation
* That I am a stud on Guitar Hero 2
* How to utilize my free time to do projects that always get swept to the wayside
* From my mistakes
* That my priorities have changed, but that I'm not a completely different person now that I have a child
* All about my "special talent" in regard to my parents
* That I need my husband just as much as I'd always thought he needed me
* Sometimes people who I thought were out to get me might really have been looking out for my best interests

1 comment:

Zotz said...

All I can say about your lists is; I love you and think you are an amazing person. Thank you for being a great example to me.