Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Feeling Inspiration

We're about to embark on a new adventure. I'm pretty sure we are, anyway. And, in thinking about this new adventure, I've been really inspired to turn a new leaf and do things a new way. New new new.

Here are my inspirations for the day:

 
thought bubble chalkboard from Red Velvet Art. The thought of having a message board that can be positioned for really fun pictures and silly moments has inspired me to get crafty with the chalkboard paint. 

 
The Rex Lee Run at BYU is mid-March, and Julie and I are going to participate this year. Having a goal like this has inspired me to start taking care of myself post-pregnancy and having Shelley and Julie as examples is so awesome. 

 
This crocheted heart garland is so beautiful and accessible for me, someone who doesn't consider herself crafty in the slightest. And upon seeing it, I thought the old "Someday...." Well, this inspiration leads me to stop "somedaying" myself and start "todaying." 

 
This book came into our lives, and I've been reading it pretty voraciously. When we picked it up, I didn't realize that it was so closely tied to the values of Objectivism, a philosophy started by Ayn Rand, who is the author of my favorite books. Anyway, after poring through it, I'm inspired to be more self-accepting and living more purposefully.

 
This monthly playlist idea has completely altered the way I look at my music now. I've always known that I've gone through phases, but I'm intrigued to see how the weather, time of year and experiences of each month will affect what I listen to. So far on my February 2009 list: "Anyone Else But You" from the Juno soundtrack and "Robocop" by Kanye West.


Even though the weather's yucky and we may have a stuffy nose disease running through our house, things are looking up.

2 comments:

Whitney Hardie said...

I'm so excited for the newness!! New is awesome. You're getting me in the mood to start ditching some old habits and really making the most of everyday.

I love you Flannygans!!!

p.s. my word verification is "imset" definitely a good omen.

Megan Hatch said...

Holly-- what fun inspirations! I am going to do the playlist thing fo sho!