Monday, March 2, 2009

Analyze This

I'm having a big problem lately with people telling me what to do.

I thought that it was an emotional thing, seeing as the people who were telling me what to do are related to me. And then I thought that it was lack of sleep, but Jack has been really kind the last few nights. After that, I figured it must be the stress of moving and rearranging and cleaning and adjusting - turns out that I am more happy these last two days than I've been the last six months.

So, I'd just written it off. Maybe I'd gotten past whatever personality slump that had put me in such a defiant place.

Then, this evening, some BYU Wymount custodial guy came and yelled at me for misusing the garbage disposal and causing a back-up to multiple other sinks in the quad. I said to him, "I haven't even used the disposal, so you're mistaken. Also, I've lived here awhile and I know what I'm doing."

I shut the door. I sat on the couch. I bawled in frustration.

There's gotta be something else going on.

2 comments:

Whitney Hardie said...

Nobody makes Holly cry without suffering the wrath of me!!

I'll pound him if he starts talking trash about your garbage disposal again.

You should have called me. Since I dumped on you this morning it is only fair.

Melissa said...

Aw, sorry, Holly. Keep in mind that your hormones are all still trying to even themselves out after having a baby. It is pretty normal to get emotional over things that normally wouldn't bother you. If you feel like you need it, go talk to a dr. and see if maybe it could be something more than just being a little emotional.