Monday, March 9, 2009

Open For a New Kind of Business

I can understand the desires of the early bloggers, to keep their real identities unknown to their readership and to have a forum where transparency would not become a burden on their real lives. I've never understood it before, because I always thought I was bold and daring. And I might have been.

But then I got old and married, babied and jobbed.

So, I thought that delicate allusions to what I was actually feeling, mixed in with anecdotes that might highlight some of the more secret thoughts, would be a good path to follow. I mean, who knows who is reading this blog? And I never wanted to make it a Members Only kind of deal because I love being public.

Or I did. Until things got too real.

******************

It turns out those allusions? They're confusing to people. If you are one who has been confused or misled by one of them, know that I was trying to spare the feelings of all involved. I feel like I went from having to answer to no one to having to answer to anyone and everyone. And I tried. And failed.

Transparency.

I'm making this blog a Family Photos Only blog. No words, other than photo descriptions. No stories, none at all.

And don't try to follow me to the new place. There are many people who read this blog who won't appreciate the new transparency that will abound there. Loads of translucent, lucid, blunt & delicious thoughts. Cutthroat.

The comments will always be closed.

No comments: