Sunday, December 14, 2008

Distractions, Distractions

 
While Grandma was decorating her Christmas tree yesterday, she came upon these two cute ornaments from 1988. The top one is Shelley looking smokin' and the bottom one is me looking squinchy-faced. I was surprised by how amused I am looking at these pictures, so I thought I'd share. And the ornaments are definitely going on the tree!!!
********
Just an update - all last night and now into the morning, I'm having these weird-faux contractions about 4-5 times an hour. They woke me up VERY often, so I'm not particularly rested this morning. They're kind of scaring me straight, though, so I am going to pack the hospital bag just in case. They are having the opposite effect on Caleb, though - he said, "Maybe he'll come today, and then I can hold him!!!" It is obvious who has to take the harder journey here.

4 comments:

Zotz said...

The last part of every pregnancy is such a mind game. You are so excited and so freaked out at the same time. Your happy the pains are coming because that means your body is progressing, but freaked out because the pain hurts. You're excited to meet this wonderful new person, but freaked out about being a good parent.

This is what I know.
*You will be a wonderful mommy. *You really do forget the pain. *This will be one of the most powerful spiritual moments of your life.
*All the anticipation is TOTALLY worth it!

I love you!!!

Julie said...

Those ornaments were from the year of my birth. Just thought I'd point that out

Paige Taylor Evans said...

I'm so excited for you!!!!!!! Good luck with everything that's going to happen shortly!!!!!!

Whitney Hardie said...

I was wondering if you were in actual labor! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you guys and I can't wait to meet Jack.